BIG+bold is a project in blogging and living life, from a twenty-something with too much to say.


Sunday, September 26, 2010

25 by 25 / 402 days

Inspired/informed by my friend Anna, I’ve decided to create a “25 by 25” list. For those who are ignorant like I once was, this is a list of 25 things I want to do by the time I turn 25. As I’ve been crafting this list, I’ve also started a “30 by 30” list (likely to be preceded by more attainable 26 by 26, 27 by 27, and-so-on lists), which brought me to question: What’s the point? What’s the point in making a specific list at all? Am I limiting my experiences for the next year and change? My hope is that this will do just the opposite. My hope is that this list will help me remember the things to which I respond “I’ve always wanted to do that!,” but never do; to re-connect with and re-experience things I’ve pushed aside but loved; to achieve some goals I’ve since postponed; to celebrate things big and small; and to be bold enough to take and make opportunities when they arise. Which brings me to #18 on my 25 by 25 list: Start a blog.

I miss writing. For a while now I’ve toyed with the idea of starting a blog, but never really found a topic I could commit to for the time being. When I added this item to my 25 by 25 list, it actually wasn’t right away that it occurred to me to use my list as the topic (at least to start) for the blog, but here we are. BIG+bold.

No comments:

Post a Comment